Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm back! More Crazy Monkey Defense...

It's been more than a year since I've updated this blog. I was tied up with my new job since early this year.

I do find time to train although it's less frequent than last year. The spirit is strong but the body... let's just say the body (& joints) are sore. Training Mixed Martial Arts is intense & demanding, mainly because we spar against resisting, countering opponents often. Even a structured & well-organised program like Crazy Monkey Defense can be demanding & taxing. The upside is my cardio has never been better, I almost never gas out during those multiple rounds of boxing or rolling with many training partners. I remain consistently calm even during intensive sparring, except maybe when my coach Vince puts the pressure on me. My blood pressure is still within the normal range, which is quite a blessing considering my Dad & Aunt has been taking drugs for hypertension since they were young.
The new Crazy Monkey Defense (CMD) curriculum is now arranged by CORE with plug-in courses like Kicks, Combat Intelligent Athlete, Somatic etc, focusing specifically on the key performance elements of that course. The cores are Evolutionary Core, Jurassic Core, Pathfinder Core, Spider Core & MMA Core. Nothing radically new compare to the previous CM1 (rimshot), CM2 (countergame), CM3 (crossed-swords) & CM4 (attached & clinching) training approach. But it's more refined & training is done in a much concise & clearer way, especially useful to a new person who just joined the program. A rookie today will learn & perform more effectively than a beginner in CMD 2 years ago.

Will write more about the new Crazy Monkey Defense (CMD) curriculum soon & the recent CMD seminar in KL.

2 comments:

Vince Choo said...

Great. Looking forwards to your review

Keith said...

It is always nice to be in the blogging world, isn't it? It is nice to hear from you again, buddy. Great job as always. I am looking forward for more of your ideas and thought here. Don't let your work stop you because this can be a good outlet from too much stress and all.